We had a great weekend and aren’t looking forward to going back to work – would rather be out playing outside! 🙂 We think Chun would agree!
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Thank you to our friends Lulu and Wally at http://www.lifewithlulu.com for this award. Very sweet!
The rules for accepting this award are to thank the person (or pooch) who gave you the award, share 7 things about yourself, link to 15 recently discovered bloggers, and contact them to tell them about the award.
7 Things about Chunyo and his family.
1. We had two female dogs before Chunyo came into our lives – a sweet Pomeranian and Shih Tzu. They passed away at 14 and 13.
2.We have 3 other dogs in our immediate family – a schnauzer, a minature pincher mix, and a Chihuahua (ALL BOYS!)
3. We like to travel. In fact, we have been to the Philippines, Costa Rica, Portugal, Spain and Greece in the last few years. This year, we want to do a few short trips with Chunyo in tow.
4. Chunyo did not complete his first training class successfully – he clowned around way too much. BUT he finished his second training course with flying colors (great teacher helped!).
5. Chunyo was potty trained right away. In fact, he would always cry as a puppy to go outside. Maybe 2 accidents when he was sick, that’s it! HIS GIFT!
6. Chunyo used to hate the puppy paparazzi! He’s gotten a lot better about the camera. Yummy treats help, of course.
7. Chunyo knows how to open doors! Yes, he often breaks into the office 😦 It’s a constant battle at our house.
Here are 15 bloggers that we recently found on the internet. You should pay them a visit!
5. Doggy Days: Antics of 2 French Bulldogs. (Benny and Lily)
11. Bailey & Banjo
14. To Dog with Love
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link
and view the entire list of entered links…
Wednesday nights are usually American Idol nights (yes, I admit it we are Idol fans). In case anyone is wondering, lots of great singers this season. Some dramatic ones, too (but I’ll save that conversation for another time). As we were watching and critiquing the contestants, it occurred to us that a little someone was feeling neglected. Out of nowhere, Chunyo grabbed his Bento Ball and bolted towards the couch to make his presence known.
Of course, I quickly reached for my phone to share his madness with you all. Sorry, they are a little blurry. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Bento Balls, they are great. You can buy different refills (we use chicken flavor) and they last for quite a while. And best of all, dogs still like them without the refills. In fact, Chunyo was playing with his empty Bento last night. It could also be that he was trying to remind us that he is in need of a refill. 🙂
In the past few weeks we’ve had snow, forcing us to pile on the layers; then suddenly, we got rid of them after the sun appeared :). Sadly, the bright sun is now gone and clouds and showers have taken over :(. SO we say all this to say, we are
tired anxious. We are anxiously awaiting the sun, pretty, colorful flowers and longer fun-filled days . Looks like our Chunyo is too.
The pink part is great because it makes it easier to take the frozen bones out.
We used left over peanut from the organic peanut butter from treats we made for Chunyo. We used half of a small container of organic plain yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.
This is what the mix looked like. I ended up adding just a little more yogurt than I expected. I do get curious about Chunyo’s taste buds sometimes, so I tried a bit. Human opinion: Good – not that my opinion is what matters 🙂
Walaa!! Dog’s verdict: Delicious! Bone gone in a flash….
Beef Chew Strips! We have bought different types over the past year or so. And yes, they were starting to cost us a pretty penny ($$). So at the recommendation of a friend, we ordered a box from Pet Guys. They last quite a bit and Chunyo is a fan!